My second G&L and I'm stumped

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:03 pm

Hey Guys

I was a member here before but can't seem to get in so I'm new and improved

I just bought my 2nd G&L

My first was about a year ago, Legacy Deluxe, with a way to big neck (#4) that is a real case queen. Beautiful Root Beer color maple top that's kinda a cross between a burl and a quilt. I rarely play it. It's for sale if anybody's interested.

Now down to business. I just received an ASAT Special Deluxe. Natural color quilt top, rosewood neck and a Pine body.
is it possible??
Guitar Adoptions lists them as having an Ash Body and the G&L website says Mahogany but no way. I swear it's pine. I know wood pretty well and......... could somebody confirm they came this way.
PS: its' really light weight.

Re: My second G&L and I'm stumped

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:12 pm

Rocktuna wrote:Hey Guys

I was a member here before but can't seem to get in so I'm new and improved

I just bought my 2nd G&L

My first was about a year ago, Legacy Deluxe, with a way to big neck (#4) that is a real case queen. Beautiful Root Beer color maple top that's kinda a cross between a burl and a quilt. I rarely play it. It's for sale if anybody's interested.

Now down to business. I just received an ASAT Special Deluxe. Natural color quilt top, rosewood neck and a Pine body.
is it possible??
Guitar Adoptions lists them as having an Ash Body and the G&L website says Mahogany but no way. I swear it's pine. I know wood pretty well and......... could somebody confirm they came this way.
PS: its' really light weight.

It's American Tilia (aka Basswood), not Pine. Sometime late in 2007, the body wood was changed to Maple top on Mahogany.

Hope this helps.

Re: My second G&L and I'm stumped

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:36 pm

Cool
Thank you very much. My favorite guitars are Peavey Wolfgangs which have Maple tops on Basswood bodies.
I knew this guitar had something special.