How to get Buffalo Bros or Chandler to respond

Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:44 pm

I've been trying to buy a new guard for a G&L Bluesboy (as well as some white Comanche pickup covers -for about 4 years). I've attempted to contact both Buffalo Bros and Chandler weeks ago via email and NEVER receive replies -even after multiple requests. What's the deal?

I have a job that does not allow me to phone during the day and I am often traveling with work over weekends. email is realistically my only option for communication. I'm not impatient - I emailed Chandler 3 weeks ago and Buffalo Bros. 1.5 weeks ago.

last time I bought a guard from Chandler it was a nightmare that took over 3 months. They didn't respond to email, phone or carrier pigeon and were rude as <censored word> when I did manage to get a human being on the phone. I thought I'd try Buffalo Bros when Chandler never responded this time and, once again my email (clearly identified as I WANT TO BUY SOMETHING) went into a black hole.

Does anyone know of a reliable source to get G&L parts? I've got over 20 G&Ls and I loathe trying to buy anything for them. Nobody that sells them seems to be interested in doing business.

Thanks!

Re: How to get Buffalo Bros or Chandler to respond

Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:23 pm

I don't have any experience with Chandler directly but the Buffalo Bros have always been very responsive. Hopefully one of the Bros' will see your post. Another option for a pickguard for your BluesBoy would be Tone-Guard. They make extremely cool aluminium pg's in the old G&L style and beyond and I believe they have supplied G&L for some of the limited/custom editions. Definitely cool stuff to check out and good folks to work with. And don't forget to post some pics and register your guitar if you haven't already.

Jon

http://www.tone-guard.com/Tone-Guard%20Store/GLPickguards/ASAT_Bluesboy/ASAT_Bluesboy.html