SC-2 Dual Fulcrum switch to Saddle Lock?

Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:20 am

I just got a new SC-2 witha Dual Fulcrum trem. My right hand tends to rest on the trem which kind of de-tunes things. Any advice on tighting up the trem so it's not so sensitive? Is it possible to swap in a G&L Saddle Lock? I'm not really a dive bomber.

Re: SC-2 Dual Fulcrum switch to Saddle Lock?

Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:48 am

minson wrote:I just got a new SC-2 witha Dual Fulcrum trem. My right hand tends to rest on the trem which kind of de-tunes things. Any advice on tighting up the trem so it's not so sensitive? Is it possible to swap in a G&L Saddle Lock? I'm not really a dive bomber.

Switching from DF Trem to Saddle-Lock bridge is not a drop in process and I would not recommend attempting it.
Here's another thread discussion on this topic: Saddle Lock Conversion.
You could block the Trem. Here's a post in the G&L Knowledgebase, G&L Tech Tips subformum: How do I block the tremelo on my guitar?

Hope this helps.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:00 am

Thanks for the reply. I wonder if there's a way just to make it a bit less sensitive? Would you advise adding springs?

Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:31 am

minson wrote:Thanks for the reply. I wonder if there's a way just to make it a bit less sensitive? Would you advise adding springs?

Sure, that would help. The stock spring claw will hold three springs. If you want to have four or five, you will need to get an aftermarket spring
claw.

Hope this helps.