G&L Legacy with Tinted Maple Neck (Blonde)

Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:55 am

Hello all,

My name is Marcio and i live in Brazil. This is my very first post.
Soon i will have a great opportunity, a great american friend is coming to Brazil in a couple weeks and he has agreed to bring me a new guitar.
My two options are Fender American standar or a G&L legacy, specifically the following model:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/prod ... sku=511302
G&L Legacy with Tinted Maple Neck (Blonde)

Some good musicians friends are trying to convince me to go for the G&L, and it looks like to be the right choice. My doubt lies in this specific model in the link above, if is a good option and worth the money. i would really appreciate to know what you guys think about it.

Looking forward to your comments.

Best Regards.
Marcio Di Pietro

Re: G&L Legacy with Tinted Maple Neck (Blonde)

Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:48 am

I just played a blonde ASAT special, and it is a very very nice colour. The tinted neck is something I personally leave, but some like it.

As far as strats vs GL, GL will blow it out of the water on quality, the necks are also a much more comfy carve (opinion ofcourse). I do not currently own a G&L, but mine is being built. Where fender really only pays top attention to their really expensive models, the G&L will have near flawless QC, G&L imports are popular for many here, as even they are beating most of the standard market shares.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:37 am

Your doubt is in regards to the tint option? If so, don't worry about it. Beautiful guitar and, yes, a G&L will spank a Fender.

I've owned plenty of Fender guitars in the past but I own a bunch of G&Ls now. The last Fender I had was a 1988 'American Standard' Strat that was made out of plywood, as it turns out. :roll:

I think Fender is making a pretty good guitar these days (no plywood!) but why even consider one when you can get a G&L ?

Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:30 pm

Hello Ieso and sirmyghin, thanks for your wise advices. :)

I know there are a plenty of models, and this one seems to be a more stratocater one, exactly what i'm looking for. I want to know if this model is OK, if is a new model... these things.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:46 pm

mpietro wrote:Hello Ieso and sirmyghin, thanks for your wise advices. :)

I know there are a plenty of models, and this one seems to be a more stratocater one, exactly what i'm looking for. I want to know if this model is OK, if is a new model... these things.

The Legacy has been around for years. I think it is G&Ls most popular model if I'm not mistaken. If you're looking for a Strat-style guitar this is the one.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:08 pm

That is a new guitar, not a new model. The tinted neck looks great on the blonde finish. Everyone is right - the G&L is a better guitar. The 12" fretboard radius is very nice to play on - I have it on most of my G&L's. You wont be disappointed

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:32 am

blargfromouterspace wrote:That is a new guitar, not a new model. The tinted neck looks great on the blonde finish. Everyone is right - the G&L is a better guitar. The 12" fretboard radius is very nice to play on - I have it on most of my G&L's. You wont be disappointed

That radius is pretty much the one thing that stopped me from buying the stock ASAT special for a little over 1/2 my custom order. Sharp radii are a large road block for me. I don't really understand why electrics have them, considering classical guitars were typically plank boards (radii= inifinity).

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:48 am

I wish G&L offered a compound radius option

Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:18 pm

Hello guys,

There is no turning back, i confirmed the order this morning. Now is just a matter to wait September 13 to come; the date my friend will get here in Brazil. Looking forward to it. :)

Thank you all.