Rustic Line

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:15 am

Hey Everybody. hope all is well in your world.

anybody play one of the Rustic models yet? I have never been a fan of the idea of relic'ing (and frankly, I have been confused by the idea) but I played a MIM Fender relic Strat a few weeks ago and it was pretty sweet. It definitely had that broken in jeans feeling. Of course, I would want a G&L version but doubt I will get to try one until I buy one.. I know there already has been a debate here and elsewhere about the idea of relic'ing itself. Not looking to rehash that just wondering if anyone has played one yet. Thanks.

Re: Rustic Line

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:49 am

I always thought the 'rustic' was due to the nitro instead of poly. more than it being pre-relic'd via fenders. The hardware does look a little rusty I guess, but nothing like the missing finish areas etc you would see for more 'relics'

Re: Rustic Line

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:02 am

That's true. the one I played didn't look it went to hell it back. The Rustics I have seen online have had some worn areas. Maybe it was the nitro that I am drawn to.. the poly on my G&Ls seems like a quarter inch thick. I nicked my 25th Anniversary pretty bad last month when I dropped a wrench on it but it was nice to see some wood under there.