New Bluesboy - A couple of questions

Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:20 pm

Finally playing the Bluesboy I bought a few months ago. Though new, it came with a finish issue on the neck and I took it to the G&L factory to have them correct it. Took a while, but they did a nice job. It came with the G&G wooden hard shell case. This is the first case I have gotten that doesn't have feet on the bottom. There are feet on the edge for when you set the case down that way, but nothing on the bottom. Anyone ever added feet to a guitar case, and if so, how would I do this.

Also, all my straps have Dunlop Straploks so I am going to replace the buttons on the guitar. Anyone know if the original screw holes are a diameter such that they don't need to be enlarged per Dunlop's instructions? I haven't taken the originals off yet, but the screws appear to be larger than on my Fender guitars. Thanks in advance.

Re: New Bluesboy - A couple of questions

Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:12 pm

I've never had to attach feet to a case before, but when I have had work that I've wanted done to a case, I've found that a luggage repair shop will feel right at home with this kind of work.