O.C. Duff in a Legacy

Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:03 pm

Anyone have experience with O.C. Duff pickups in a Legacy?

http://www.ocduffpickups.com/

Thanks.

Re: O.C. Duff in a Legacy

Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:10 am

I was told the "Number One" set is worth trying. They do custom work & repairs too. Maybe a "lefty" Z-coil... I'm just saying, for a model that popular there should be both. The "Most Versatile G&L" should be offered in left handed. Wow, where did that come from?

I'll give a tone report & pics eventually. Thanks.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:45 pm

I have an O.C. Duff on the way, albeit for an ASAT. It should be here any day now, I'll report how good it sounds if you like.

Nice pool/spa/beachside property you have there replyman!

Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:53 pm

Can't wait to hear about that. Thanks!

Yeah, I like the picture too, but there is a broken palm frond on the left side. That's gone now... I turned and took another shot(that's what's up now). It was a great day for pics and my wife was dressed beautifully. Her pics will shuffle thru at some point. Just haven't posted the right one yet.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:23 pm

Alright, there she is...

Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:13 pm

You're a lucky man - that really is a sweet looking pad

I just installed the OC Duff (a 10% overwound Plankster) into my ASAT, it sounds killer. Has a very nice twang but with enough guts to match up with the Seth Lover humbucker in the neck. No harsh high frequencies. Hopefully they'll sound as good in your Legacy.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:50 am

blargfromouterspace wrote:You're a lucky man - that really is a sweet looking pad

I just installed the OC Duff (a 10% overwound Plankster) into my ASAT, it sounds killer. Has a very nice twang but with enough guts to match up with the Seth Lover humbucker in the neck. No harsh high frequencies. Hopefully they'll sound as good in your Legacy.

Hey, thanks again. It's on the beach, but one of the safest structures on the island (cement pillings typically used in constructing large commercial buildings). The whole first floor is made to break down in a hurricane and nothing can be insured down there. It's one story is set approx 18 feet up. Pool too.

I'm getting the Number One set. I don't think the pots have to be changed, but I'm having Hoffman Guitars in Minneapolis do the work.

Thanks again.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:12 am

Ok, it's the tomatoes now...

Was, now back to the discontinued Green Sparkle...
Last edited by replyman on Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:01 pm

replyman wrote:Ok, it's the tomatoes now...

Yum! :lol: