RMC and Heritage 86 neck question

Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:09 pm

I have a couple of questions about 2023 G&L Build To Order options as I have contacted a Premier dealer and was informed that the G&L web site is not up to date with respect to the RMC and neck profile options. I did see the June 2023 Build To Order list available in another forum here and I do not see any RMC models on the list even though they are still on the web site.

#1) Is the LEGACY HH RMC, or any RMC for that matter, still a Build To Order guitar? Or would the RMC option require a Custom Shop build?

#2) is the Heritage 86 neck profile, formerly the 1b, still available ? And if so, does it required Custom Shop build or can it be an option on a Build To Order guitar?

#3) are there multiple color variants of the Tortoise Shell pick guard? There is a very long post in another forum here with pictures of pick guards and in the images it looks like some of the Tortoise Shell pick guard and darker and some are redder? I ask because I am probably not going to pay to have a custom shop build done just to get the RMC option if that is what is required.

I should note that I have a 2013 S-500 with a "1b" neck profile, Blue Burst w/Natural wood binding, no pick guard and a Hard Maple Neck with Caribbean Rosewood fingerboard and I love it.

My goal is to get a G&L HH model, either a Legacy or a Skyhawk, ideally with what is now called RMC (no pick guard) and a Heritage 86 neck profile (which somewhere on the G&L was listed as the updated "1b" neck), and a Caribbean Rosewood fingerboard However, I am concerned about the RMC and Heritage 86 specs requiring a Custom Shop build which may add up to $1200+ to the price.

Any info or opinions appreciated, David

Re: RMC and Heritage 86 neck question

Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:15 pm

I forwarded your post to one of my G&L Sales contact and asked for the answers (the replies are in BOLD font after each question):

#1) Is the LEGACY HH RMC, or any RMC for that matter, still a Build To Order guitar? Or would the RMC option require a Custom Shop build? Custom shop

#2) is the Heritage 86 neck profile, formerly the 1b, still available ? And if so, does it required Custom Shop build or can it be an option on a Build To Order guitar? Custom shop, #1BNK is the correct profile for the Heritage

#3) are there multiple color variants of the Tortoise Shell pick guard? There is a very long post in another forum here with pictures of pick guards and in the images it looks like some of the Tortoise Shell pick guard and darker and some are redder? I ask because I am probably not going to pay to have a custom shop build done just to get the RMC option if that is what is required. Tortoise does vary pending the supplier

I should note that I have a 2013 S-500 with a "1b" neck profile, Blue Burst w/Natural wood binding, no pick guard and a Hard Maple Neck with Caribbean Rosewood fingerboard and I love it.

My goal is to get a G&L HH model, either a Legacy or a Skyhawk, ideally with what is now called RMC (no pick guard) and a Heritage 86 neck profile (which somewhere on the G&L was listed as the updated "1b" neck), and a Caribbean Rosewood fingerboard However, I am concerned about the RMC and Heritage 86 specs requiring a Custom Shop build which may add up to $1200+ to the price. That particular guitar would be a custom shop.

This does correspond to what we have in the JUNE 2023 BUILD TO ORDER OPTIONS / DEALER COPY we have in the G&L Specifications and Options sub-forum of the G&L Knowledgebase Forum. Here the link to the post: 6/1/2023-present Build To Order Specifications & Options.

Hope this helps.