You just never know when he's gonna surface

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:19 pm

Howdy guys. Long time no post. I been lurkin' though. Hope all of y'all are doing okay. I could lie to y'all and say I've been too busy to post, but I've just been too damned lazy. Not just here though, I've slowed down at other forums as well. Hell, I don't even have the energy to play Diarrheaville on Facebook. SO what do I do in my precious spare time? Well, one of the last times I posted here I mentioned that I had a band thing going. Still do, and we're still working at it. Unfortunately for me, this time I'm one of the better players in the band. I'm used to being the worst guy in the group. The good thing is that we're pretty much all in the same boat when it comes to family and homefront situations, so we all get to foul up the schedule with little crappy things that come up for us. The gang is eager as hell to play some real gigs though. We did get a taste of that in July for the 4th at a pool party. Pics at the end of this post. Gear-wise, I'm continuously amazed with the SB-2. I juggle in a Pedulla Rapture and Warwick Corvette here and there, but the G&L is da bomb for me.

Lemme see if I can figger out how ta post da pics.

Early evening, just starting out

Here's one with the Pedulla, just for fun

Back to the business of layin' it down with the SB-2

It got pretty darned hot
[timage=]http://p11.hostingprod.com/@thecajunboy.com/1045munkey.jpg[/img]

Attack helicopter approaching from the rear

I like to move around alot, watch out if I ever go cordless!

More to come, when we hit the big time.

the Cajun Boy

Re: You just never know when he's gonna surface

Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:42 am

Holy Moly! Good to see ya! It's good to see that you're still playing, too! And.....great pics!

How's this for a blast (literally) from the past?.....LOL. Funny I still have it from my lurking days at the old site:

Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:06 am

Great to hear from you. I've missed you!

Bill

Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:51 am

Hey CB, great to see yer still alive and well. I was singing the praises of your pizza last week, still makin' 'em?

Post some clips of the band so we can say we heard you before the agents, groupies, and panty throwing fans make ya go all Hollywood! :P

Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:10 am

Bastid!

- ed

Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:23 am

Looks like you've got the James Jamerson hook going there! How's junior doing?

Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:55 pm

Wow, guess it really has been awhile.

In summary,

Junior is heading to high school this week. Orientation tomorrow, first full day Friday. He's still a handful, but luckily he's actually learned a little bit from my constant preaching/bitching/moaning/coaching sessions. And he's kinda fond of helping me schlep gear around, so he gets bonus points for that.

Love that wiz picture. I haven't been conserving quite as much water lately, but oddly enough, late last night I did my part.

And the pizza? Every time I think I've reached a plateau and can't get any further along given the confines of a standard home kitchen, I find a way to get better. Last improvement was culled from Alton Brown on Good Eats. I had a dough recipe and method that I was very comfortable with. He aired a show with a recipe that uses malted barley syrup instead of sugar. Nothing special about it but you can get a flavor that takes at least 24 hours of fermentation and rising to get with sugar, in about 2 hours time. And from my experiences with it, was a bit easier to work with. Good stuff. I'll have to post some pics.

L8rs peeps,

Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:41 pm

So who's the hot groupie? - ed