Current build quality??

Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:34 am

Hi all
I have a Skyhawk HH purchased from new that has some pretty bad workmanship under the hood, I'm looking for some advice on how to proceed.
I took the metal plate off because the volume pot went scratchy as they do (although not usually after 2 months) to discover that the drill holes for the scratch plate have misaligned duplicate holes drilled next to them, it looks really messy. And screws don't really feel secure in the holes they came out.
Is this an issue I should raise with the shop or G&L?
Has anybody else experienced this kind of thing?
I purchased this guitar base on G&L's reputation and I'm feeling a bit hard done by.
Thanks

Re: Current build quality??

Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:47 am

64cousins wrote:Hi all
I have a Skyhawk HH purchased from new that has some pretty bad workmanship under the hood, I'm looking for some advice on how to proceed.
I took the metal plate off because the volume pot went scratchy as they do (although not usually after 2 months) to discover that the drill holes for the scratch plate have misaligned duplicate holes drilled next to them, it looks really messy. And screws don't really feel secure in the holes they came out.
Is this an issue I should raise with the shop or G&L?
Has anybody else experienced this kind of thing?
I purchased this guitar base on G&L's reputation and I'm feeling a bit hard done by.
Thanks

This would be covered under Warranty. You need to contact the selling dealer and they should help you with getting it fixed.
Here the reference info on G&L's website: https://glguitars.com/support/#1498706400074-d00e7eb8-e9d8.

Hope this helps.