John Jorgensen - Desert Rose band tonight w/ his sig G&L

Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:21 pm

saw the great Desert Rose Band tonight at the Birchmere with the amazing John Jorgensen playing much of the night on his gold sparkle G&L JJ signature ... not to mention the brilliance of Chris Hillman, Jay Dee Maness on pedal steel, Herb Pedersen, Bill Bryson & Steve Duncan...

a great, great show and JJ and JayDee Maness were constant highlights, total standouts on guitar, mando (JJ) and pedal steel throughout the night....

cheers,
Jon

Re: John Jorgensen - Desert Rose band tonight w/ his sig G&L

Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:06 pm

Wonder if he finally got Seymour Duncan to finish the pickups John original intended to be on his signature model. These pups are supposed to have a dummy coil underneath the MFD to cancel hum. But due to Leo's passing and Seymour being swamped in other projects, these pickups were never finished before the JJ Sig was shown at one of the mid '90s NAMM shows. And John was not pleased ... (see this interview). But it is good to see he is still playing G&L instruments.

Re: John Jorgensen - Desert Rose band tonight w/ his sig G&L

Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:13 pm

interesting, I never knew that ...

I can say that it sounded like most great ASAT Specials I've known & loved, with the Tele twang but some more on top of that too (the girth & body that some Teles lack)... it was his main guitar of the night tho he went to the Gretsch (Eddie Cpchran 6120?), F.... Hellecaster and a couple of Rics too ...

cheers,
Jon