Need help determining details of CLF38179

Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:33 am

Hi, new here. I bought an ASAT on Reverb before Covid and kinda forgot about it. I've always wanted one, I think I got a very good deal and it plays so easy. But I wasn't provided with any other information from the seller.

It's orange with a tortoise shell pick guard, it has a bird's eye maple neck and rosewood fretboard, but no body contouring. The serial number is CLF38179 and based on some quick research here I believe it was manufactured around 2005, but I don't know anything for certain. There doesn't appear to be a formula for date and month like with the 6 digit SN's.

I appreciate anyone who can steer m in the right direction. Once I have those details I can list it in the registry.

Thanks,
Marc

Re: Need help determining details of CLF38179

Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:45 am

Crafton Wax wrote:Hi, new here. I bought an ASAT on Reverb before Covid and kinda forgot about it. I've always wanted one, I think I got a very good deal and it plays so easy. But I wasn't provided with any other information from the seller.

It's orange with a tortoise shell pick guard, it has a bird's eye maple neck and rosewood fretboard, but no body contouring. The serial number is CLF38179 and based on some quick research here I believe it was manufactured around 2005, but I don't know anything for certain. There doesn't appear to be a formula for date and month like with the 6 digit SN's.

I appreciate anyone who can steer m in the right direction. Once I have those details I can list it in the registry.

Thanks,
Marc

If you can post photos of this guitar, we can likely help with the details of your guitar. To post photos see: Tutorial: Posting photos.

Looking forward to seeing your G&L guitar. :searching:

Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:47 am

Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:49 am

My concern is that G&L Doesn't seem to have details on the 5 digit SN's, without a listing we can only make guesses. Pictures are nice but won't get me the answers I'm looking for.

Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:26 pm

Crafton Wax wrote:My concern is that G&L Doesn't seem to have details on the 5 digit SN's, without a listing we can only make guesses. Pictures are nice but won't get me the answers I'm looking for.

Where did you get this idea that they don't have details on the 5 digit SN's?
Did you contact Memo Romero (G&L Service Manager) via email at repairs@glguitars.com?
He should be able to look up the serial number in the Factory Log and tell you the build details including the completion date.

Take note that our G&L Registry is not a complete record of all factory builds. It is a GbL member supported database in which members
add G&L instruments they have or ones they have seen and recorded the details including serial numbers.

What answers are you looking for?

You might be interested in these posts in our G&L Knowledgebase forum:
Serial number significance.
List of Regular Production ASAT-style guitars (USA)
List of Special Edition & Non-Production ASAT-style guitars

Hope this helps.