Looking for info on this CLF Guitar, please

Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:53 pm

I will soon be owning this guitar, but I have spent hours searching the Internet and cannot find another one exactly like it. Any help with exactly what this is would be much appreciated. Thanks.

https://i.imgur.com/F7AR6zW.png

https://i.imgur.com/kiF7kKJ.png

https://i.imgur.com/qyR36vw.png

Re: Looking for info on this CLF Guitar, please

Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:38 pm

As best as I can tell from the three pictures you linked, it's a Legacy from around 2012 to 2015 or so, if my faulty memory serves (when G&L used the metal plate with serial number on the back of the headstock). The model is not included in the logo on the headstock (the "logo delete" build option). But the flat-pole pickups (assuming they are stock G&L pickups and not replacements) and the lack of an expander mini-toggle switch all point to the Legacy (rather than an S-500).

You can try searching the G&LDP Registry for the serial number, to see (a) if it is registered, and (b) the approximate age range of nearby serial numbers.

Good luck, and welcome to the G&L world! It's a good place to be.

Also, this is is not a "CLF Research" model, so this thread belongs in the regular "G&L US Products (1992 to Present)" forum.

Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:07 am

Thank you so much for the info. Any idea what the value of this guitar might be?

Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:31 am

Lon wrote:Thank you so much for the info. Any idea what the value of this guitar might be?

I moved your post to this sub-forum.

A couple more comments on this guitar:

It has the body match headstock option and has Locking tuners option.
If the pickups are the stock ones, they will be G&L CLF-100 single-coil pickups.
See: List of pickups used in G&L guitars

Here are the specs for the 2014-15 Legacy model:
Reference post: 2014-15 (pre-July 1) G&L U.S. Specifications and Options
viewtopic.php?f=133&t=11642

Legacy
Finish Standard finishes included
Body Alder on Standard and all solid finishes, Swamp Ash on all Premier finishes
Neck #1 Hard Rock Maple neck with Rosewood or Maple fingerboard, medium jumbo frets
Pickups 3 G&L vintage style Alnico V single-coil pickups
Controls 5-way pickup selector, volume, treble, bass
Bridge G&L Dual Fulcrum vibrato
Tuners Non-locking tuners
Pickguard 3-ply white

Here are some links to check out regarding value of a G&L guitar:

Serial number significance
You will find that this guitar should come with a Build Specification sheet which details the features of the build. It should be in
a black G&L envelope with the COA and warranty card in the case. If the previous owner did not include the Spec sheet, you can
order a replacement copy from the G&L On-Line Store. Here's the link [opens in a new tab]: replacement-specification-sheet.

Is there a good source for getting G&L instrument values?

Hope this helps.

Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:23 pm

Fantastic! Thank you so much.

Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:25 pm

Hey Lon :wave:

Welcome and great locking gitar ya got. I’m sure you’ve lurked here before but a bunch of knowledgeable folks here and always love to see pics and talk G&L.

Remember, you can never have too many ASAT’s!