New BBE Sonic Stomp Pro and Green Screamer V2

Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:38 pm

Just saw news of the updated Sonic Stomp Pro and Green Screamer V2, who’s played em? :searching:

The Sonic Stomp is an always on pedal for my board and have a Green Screamer that rotates every now and then. The quick video samples on Guitar World link show enough to raise interest.
:thumbup:

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/bbe-so ... SmartBrief

Re: New BBE Sonic Stomp Pro and Green Screamer V2

Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:48 pm

Here are the video demos:
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:12 am

I have the Stomp Mini and yeah, it's always on.
Most often described (accurately) as 'taking the blanket off your amp' - I have a marginal understanding of what this pedal is doing but the great thing is I don't have to understand it, I just have to set it, step on it and forget it.
I also have the GS v1 in large bombproof metal box ormat. Love it - like Sam I rotate my OD pedals because who can choose just one!
I have a JHS Morning Glory coming that I'll be gain stacking with the GS to see what happens.

I'm interested in what's changed from V1 to V2.

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukkah to those who celebrate!!

TJ

Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:02 pm

TexasJack wrote:I have the Stomp Mini and yeah, it's always on.
Most often described (accurately) as 'taking the blanket off your amp' - I have a marginal understanding of what this pedal is doing but the great thing is I don't have to understand it, I just have to set it, step on it and forget it.
I also have the GS v1 in large bombproof metal box ormat. Love it - like Sam I rotate my OD pedals because who can choose just one!
I have a JHS Morning Glory coming that I'll be gain stacking with the GS to see what happens.

I'm interested in what's changed from V1 to V2.

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukkah to those who celebrate!!

TJ

From BBE's site: This iteration of BBE’s famous pedal offers the same hard-wired bypass with reengineered features like extended dynamic range, a Focus control for midrange frequencies, and a BBE 2153 Pro chip that delivers high-headroom and lower noise performance. Lastly, the Sonic Stomp Pro is topped off with a +14dB switch to add a little extra juice to your signal.

Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:10 pm

Hey all,

Resurrecting this thread to get more feedback on the Green Screamer V2 from anyone who owns one or played one enough to get a good impression. Let us know.

Also want to know because I have one in route, arriving end of the week. :alright:

tdiers, appreciate yer reply never got round to following up. :thumbup: