How I Roll With My New Fullerton Deluxe Comanche

Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:07 am

I don't play electric guitar in the traditional sense. I play it with the same style as I play my acoustic, and I mostly strum and play a little finger style. I got so tired of trying to get a good amplified sound with an acoustic guitar, and have tried many different pickup systems over the years. Sure they sound pretty good at bedroom volume, but as soon as you play in an open mic environment where they turn the volume up, they all sound pretty much like finger nails on a chalk board. I have always been a Fender Strat guy, and discovered that if I run my Strat through a multi effects pedal with some chorus, reverb, and delay, I can get a beautiful sound at any volume level, and I'm not looking for a true acoustic sound. Just a good ear pleasing sound that doesn't sound harsh.

Nothing has ever come close to matching or exceeding the sound of my Strat until I stumbled across this D&L Fullerton Deluxe Comanche on Sweetwater. I ordered it based on YouTube clips and the z-coils. Once I got it and played it, well... let's just say my American Ultra Strat is now up for sale.

Here is a sample clip of me just noodling around a little. I am running it through my Headrush Gigboard into my EV Evolve 30M, and have the output of that running into the input of my Focusrite recording interface.

Please forgive my "not so good" playing... lol

Re: How I Roll With My New Fullerton Deluxe Comanche

Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:41 am

Sounds really good, thanks for sharing.
Cheers, Eric

Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:34 am

Nice clip, and I am very happy that you discovered your Comanche / G&L.....

Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:59 pm

Nice work bcal!
Yeah, those z-coils are amazing aren't they?

I had an ASAT Z-3 once upon a time and it just shimmered. Made me sound so much better than I actually am!

Enjoy that axe!
TJ