Spec sheet

Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:31 am

Hello! I am the proud owner of several G&L basses.

I would like to purchase the original build sheets for the following instruments - CLF35259, CLF45394, CLF23536 and CLF31097. Would this be possible? Do you know if these have been built before or after 2011? I am very curious to know the age of these instruments. I am ready to pay to have the build sheets, but I know they are only available on instruments built after 2011...

The last one is a JB2. I have been told that it was built for an endorsee.

If you could give me any information about these instruments, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: Spec sheet

Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:03 am

jfh2424 wrote:Hello! I am the proud owner of several G&L basses.

I would like to purchase the original build sheets for the following instruments - CLF35259, CLF45394, CLF23536 and CLF31097. Would this be possible? Do you know if these have been built before or after 2011? I am very curious to know the age of these instruments. I am ready to pay to have the build sheets, but I know they are only available on instruments built after 2011...

The last one is a JB2. I have been told that it was built for an endorsee.

If you could give me any information about these instruments, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello and welcome to our site!

See this post regarding serial numbers:
Serial number significance.
You will find that none of those serial numbers have build dates of 2/2011-present, which was when the Factory Build Specification Sheets were/are included.

I checked your list of serial numbers to see if any were registered in ourG&L Registry and found only one (CLF23536) listed.
You might email Memo Romero [G&L Service Manager] and ask him to look up the serial numbers to get the specs and completion date of each. Ask him about the JB-2 to see if there is any notation in the factory log regarding if it was built for a G&L Endorsee and the name of this endorsee. Memo's email address is repairs@glguitars.com.

Hope this helps.

Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:13 am

Hello. Thank you for all this information and for the link.

So if I understand everything that I have read, I cannot get build sheets for these basses because they don't exist. It won't be possible to get the build date from them except by pulling the necks (which i don't want to do) because the serial numbers are not really organized in a coherent manner. The only real option is to email Memo.

I just want to be sure that I completely understand.

Thanks again for taking the time with this!

Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:08 pm

jfh2424 wrote:Hello. Thank you for all this information and for the link.

So if I understand everything that I have read, I cannot get build sheets for these basses because they don't exist. It won't be possible to get the build date from them except by pulling the necks (which i don't want to do) because the serial numbers are not really organized in a coherent manner. The only real option is to email Memo.

I just want to be sure that I completely understand.

Thanks again for taking the time with this!

Memo should be able to tell you the build date, and some other details.

David