Fender Hot Rod Deluxe With G&L Guitars

Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:45 am

Bought a Hot Rod Deluxe last year at Christmas and have been loving it with my Comanche. I just bought a Legacy as well with the alnico pickups. Anybody have experience with these in a Hot Rod? What were your impressions with the guitar and amp (minus any effects)?

Re: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe With G&L Guitars

Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:33 pm

Sinfoniarc wrote:Bought a Hot Rod Deluxe last year at Christmas and have been loving it with my Comanche. I just bought a Legacy as well with the alnico pickups. Anybody have experience with these in a Hot Rod? What were your impressions with the guitar and amp (minus any effects)?

There have been some discussion on this amp when playing G&L guitars with them.
Use the Search feature and use this keyword string "Fender Hot Rod Deluxe" to see those posts.

Hope this helps.

Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:58 pm

check out this mod for hot rod deluxe.. i did this recently .. the amp sounds amazing with this simple tube swap (12AT7)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7jnrQwLPm0

Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:04 pm

Good combination IMHO. My closest comparisons are a ASAT Z3 or Will Ray into a 1995 Fender Blues Deluxe and totally dig the tones. Closer to the Legacy match is an ASAT 3 with Lollar alnicos that sounds pretty sweet too. :thumbup: Hot Rods and Blues Deluxe have been used by so many people over the years because they are consistently good. Sounds like yer getting the same results.

Similar to to the YouTube clip from Rich I switched the 12AT7 for a JJ ECC81 and found a better volume sweep. Granted a EV12L speaker swap and cap update helped as well, but in general great guitar amp combination.