New guy with his first G&L…a USA Legacy

Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:03 pm

Hey all! I just scored a custom build 2013 Legacy in sonic blue with an ebony board and matching sonic blue headstock. Even needing a Strat type as I so,d my Fender to fund a custom build that is still in work. I am a huge Hamer fan and we view G&L to Fendr as Hamer was to Gibson. So I had to try one. This guitar is literally unplayed without a single pick swirl on the pickguard. Absolutely showroom condition! Crazy!
I immediately restrung and set it up to G&L specs. I have only had it 3 days and was struggling to keep the g string in tune. Today I played her for several hours and I can feel the guitar breaking in. The tuning stability is getting better and I am becoming more and more comfy on my new ride. If the tuning issues don’t respond,ve, I’ll hit the search here, but I really don’t think the guitar was ever played and is just now breaking in. Oh, I dig the CLF 100 pickups with the PTB controls. How versatile! I can get vintage Strat tones easily as well as more modern.
Def in honeymoon stage with my first G&L.
Last edited by Jakeboy on Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: New guy with his first USA ,egacy

Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:08 am

welcome Jakeboy!
congrat's on your legacy, show us a pic :thumbup:
i have been a fan of the CLF-100 pups as well

see this for instrux on posting photos... http://guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewtopic ... 47&t=10449

Re: New guy with his first G&L…a USA Legacy

Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:36 pm

Ok, heavy playing has broken the DFS vibrato in and it holds tuning as well as the Strat’s I have had. The only change to the guitar has been swapping out the neck pickup for. Rumpelstiltskin 1954 spec Miller. The middle are bridge are just great, but the neck pup on a Strat type has got to be really, really good. It is now and I lost none of the cluck in position 4. This Legacy is incredible. I am amazed and p,eased as can be with the quality, tone, and playability.