g&l asat special / middle position pick up?

Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:21 am

hi all,

ive had guitar for about 2 months , spent most of the time on the neck pick up.. finally ventured over to middle and bridge.. i am not getting the tone of the middle pick up.. there is a very slight tonal difference when switching to the bridge position from the middle ..i have raised and lowered the height of neck and bridge.. still cant hear the middle tone? both pickups are working in the middle , however when i put an allen wrench on both pickups in the middle position the neck seems like its putting out less power.. so basically I’m have the tone of neck and bridge 2 tones .. missing the middle .

thanks,

Rich

Re: g&l asat special / middle position pick up?

Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:03 am

rich7196 wrote:hi all,

ive had guitar for about 2 months , spent most of the time on the neck pick up.. finally ventured over to middle and bridge.. i am not getting the tone of the middle pick up.. there is a very slight tonal difference when switching to the bridge position from the middle ..i have raised and lowered the height of neck and bridge.. still cant hear the middle tone? both pickups are working in the middle , however when i put an allen wrench on both pickups in the middle position the neck seems like its putting out less power.. so basically I’m have the tone of neck and bridge 2 tones .. missing the middle .

thanks,

Rich

Was this guitar purchased new from a G&L dealer? Does it have the stock pickups or has it been modded?

You might check the wiring with the wiring diagram we have in the Gallery. See: Album: ASAT Wiring Schematic (all years).

Also, check out the DC-R on each pickup. See:List of pickups used in G&L guitars and look at the entry for the "G&L Magnetic Field Design™ soapbar style single coils".
To check the DC-R, see this post: Measuring Pickup DC-R.

Hope this helps.

Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:28 am

Hi .. yes this was purchased new from a G&l dealer .. and yes , they are stock pick ups

Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:43 am

I called G&L .. after talking to them about issue ; they are sending me a new switch ..hopefully that takes care of it .. if not they told me that they will issue a RA and take a look & fix .

Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:32 am

rich7196 wrote:I called G&L .. after talking to them about issue ; they are sending me a new switch ..hopefully that takes care of it .. if not they told me that they will issue a RA and take a look & fix .

Please do keep us informed on this.

Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:43 pm

installed new switch.. problem solved!