Trade Strat for USA G&L Legacy?

Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:34 pm

Hi,

I'm in a position to trade my brand new Fender Player Strat plus $200 for a 1997 USA made G&L Legacy Standard with a replaced bridge pickup and Graph Tech saddles. Would any of you do it?

Thanks!

Re: Trade Strat for USA G&L Legacy?

Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:42 pm

There might be a wide variety of thoughts on this though probably biased in a certain direction on this web site. We love G&L. Both are pretty good guitars though. That said that seems like a fair trade to me as long as the G&L is in good shape. I think in the long run the G&L will hold its value better. If this trade is with a friend of yours can you try the G&L out for a weekend or something before making the decision? If not I'd look the G&L over as thoroughly as you can to make sure nothing seems out of place and everything works properly if you do decide to trade.

Re: Trade Strat for USA G&L Legacy?

Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:29 pm

Scrench wrote:Hi,

I'm in a position to trade my brand new Fender Player Strat plus $200 for a 1997 USA made G&L Legacy Standard with a replaced bridge pickup and Graph Tech saddles. Would any of you do it?

Thanks!

I traded a Mexican Fender [evenly] for a made in Japan G&L, and I think I got the better guitar. Trading a Mexican Fender plus $200 for a USA G&L seems reasonable to me, as long as the G&L is in good shape. However it might depend on what you paid new for the Fender. If you paid close to retail, you might be able to pick up a used USA G&L for a better deal (when you factor in the additional $200).

David