Slim C better for small hands?

Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:39 am

I’m looking at purchasing my first G&L in the near future and I’m very excited. Since I’m a lefty I’ve realized that it makes the most sense to just get an option order guitar, and get exactly what I want, and hopefully get a guitar to keep for the rest of my life. I’m at the point where I’m trying to decide on Neck Profile.

I have smaller hands (about 7 1/2” from palm to end of my middle finger), and I’m wondering if a Slim C be better for my hands? I don’t live anywhere close to a g&l dealer, so I can’t try one out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’m looking forward to joining the G&L family!

Re: Slim C better for small hands?

Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:54 am

Hello, Jpaw and welcome.
Both of my G&Ls have a modern classic, 9.5" radius, 1-11/16 nut width necks. My hands are similar in size to yours, maybe a bit smaller. Of all the guitars I have tried out in music stores, this G&L neck fit my hands the best. Add a gloss vintage tint urethane neck finish and you will have the neck of your dreams.

Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:42 am

That was very helpful. I wasn’t sure if the 1-5/8” nut would be better for my hand size.

I love the look of the vintage tint.

Thank you!

Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:30 pm

My hands are smaller than yours using your measurement method. I find that I don't have issues with thicker necks, provided the thickness is "reasonable". I do have issues with necks wide across the fret board.

Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:13 pm

Hey, there, Jpaw:

I have smaller hands pretty much the same size as yours, and I've found the Classic C (1 5/8" nut, w/ 12" radius in my case) plenty comfortable.