MFD pickup comparison

Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:31 pm

Hello, I wanted to know if anyone could share the difference between the Strat-sized, Tele bridge-sized, and Tele neck-sized MFD pickups. I'm familiar with the larger ASAT Special MFDs but curious to know more about the other models. I imagine they are pretty similar since the construction is the same and there aren't any covers.

Re: MFD pickup comparison

Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:19 pm

arablue wrote:Hello, I wanted to know if anyone could share the difference between the Strat-sized, Tele bridge-sized, and Tele neck-sized MFD pickups. I'm familiar with the larger ASAT Special MFDs but curious to know more about the other models. I imagine they are pretty similar since the construction is the same and there aren't any covers.

See: List of pickups used in G&L guitars.

Hope this helps.

Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:06 am

Thanks for the links Craig, I figured there would be differences in DC resistance. Would it be safe to say that the MFD Tele-style and Strat-style pickups are very similar in sound, accounting for the number of wire turns?

Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:31 am

arablue wrote:Thanks for the links Craig, I figured there would be differences in DC resistance. Would it be safe to say that the MFD Tele-style and Strat-style pickups are very similar in sound, accounting for the number of wire turns?

See this post for a comparison of the ASAT Special MFD pickups with the ASAT Classic MFD pickups: MFD Pups.

Hope this helps.

Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:41 pm

Thank you so much Craig, I always appreciate your help.