Replacing neck on 1995 ASAT?

Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:27 pm

I recently dug out my 1995 ASAT with the MFD pickups that I hadn't played for a while. Used to love this guitar and how it sounded but over time migrated to other tele styles. Playing it, I realized that one of the reasons I probably stopped using it was the beginnings of now very noticeable arthritis in my hands; the skinny neck just doesn't work for me now.

Does anybody - G&L or the neck manufacturers - make replacement necks that could be spec'd for a bigger neck for these old G&Ls with the three-bolt joint? I've done some searching online and it doesn't look promising.

Would hate to have to sell it (but I don't think my hands are going to get dramatically better). Any leads appreciated. TIA!

Re: Replacing neck on 1995 ASAT?

Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:13 pm

54gt wrote:I recently dug out my 1995 ASAT with the MFD pickups that I hadn't played for a while. Used to love this guitar and how it sounded but over time migrated to other tele styles. Playing it, I realized that one of the reasons I probably stopped using it was the beginnings of now very noticeable arthritis in my hands; the skinny neck just doesn't work for me now.

Does anybody - G&L or the neck manufacturers - make replacement necks that could be spec'd for a bigger neck for these old G&Ls with the three-bolt joint? I've done some searching online and it doesn't look promising.

Would hate to have to sell it (but I don't think my hands are going to get dramatically better). Any leads appreciated. TIA!

See this post for latest info we have on Factory Replacement necks.
Also, check out this post in our G&L Knowledgebase: Compilation of Replacement neck info posted on the G&L Forum.

For information on the various necks G&L offered over the years, see: What are the USA neck size options, past and present?.

Hope this helps.