BBE and a newer pedal manufacturer

Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:57 pm

Hi all, on a roll with pedals lately.

Been running through my new Interceptor lately and pushing through various pedals. Although I have MANY different pedal brands I've come to realize that between the Boss, Keeley, MXR etc., my BBE and a Westminster pedals are getting a lot of action. BBE is not a small name but I don't believe they get the credit deserved. Almost always on my board are a Supa Charger, Sonic Stomp, and Mind Bender. Sonic Stomp is in a league of its own and the Mind Bender replaced a EH Small Stone Chorus when chorus/vibrato is neeeded. Will Ray knew what to do with this pedal. ;) The Bench Press compressor was pretty regular but recently replaced, will cover next. Also rotated regularly on the board are a Buckshot and 427 Distortion. Others who visit occasionally are the Soul Vibe and Green Screamer. Could go into detail on specifics of each pedal but they can all be dialed in wonderfully well. Still need to get a Ben-Wah and replace the Opto-Stomp (with pad switch) I traded years ago. Traded a G Screamer and a Crusher, but probably didn't give them enough time. What BBE pedals do you use or like?

A smaller pedal company I have come to like is Westminster pedals. The Calvin Compressor (next to wah pedal) bounced a Keeley GC-2 and Compressor Plus. Crisp as it gets. (MXR Dyna Comp is around for the classic chickin' pickin'). Their Chick-Del-A delay pedal is becoming a favorite over the BBE Two Timer (love the two delay options though!) :thumbup: and TC Flashback. The graphics are just too much fun for me but the sound of the pedal is very rich and they have a mix option that is cool. The MXR carbon copy is great for analog and TC Flashback comes around for dotted 8th, modulating, or as a looper. I want to try the Westminster overdrive options, which there are many. Good quality builds, great tone and Cody is fantastic with feedback. Anyone here have experience with Westminster pedals?

Here is the basic mix with BBE heavy and few others to the side. Being a pedal junky others in drawers and closet but for everyday use these are kept close. only about 6-8 are in use at one time.

Interesting and very positive write-up from JHS pedals WAY BACK in 2006 here. Before new graphics and newer pedals, but always love to see BBE and G&L getting great press.

https://thejhsshow.com/articles/why-bbe ... re-amazing

Get yer feet stompin! :alright:

Re: BBE and a newer pedal manufacturer

Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:15 pm

Sam,

That is quite the board!!! Like you, I have quite a few BBE pedals on my board. On the one I use with my Mesa Subway Blue and mainly has the Carl Martin Quartto on it also has the BBE Wah and Windowpane Fuzz.

The one I use with my Mesa Express 5:25 mini-stack has the Soul Vibe and the Green Screamer:

And when needed, I have access to a Two Timer and a Somic Stomp. All pretty cool pedals. They may not have a ton of controls but what they do, they do extremely well.

- Jos

Re: BBE and a newer pedal manufacturer

Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:10 pm

Thanks Jos,

Forgot about the windowpane fuzz, need to try one. Had a fuzz of some kind years ago that was too farty for me, a little windowpane could be the one. :idea: