Current wait time for options order?

Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:33 pm

Anyone waiting on an options order? Curious what kind of wait times you're experiencing or being quoted. I realize every order is different and the world isn't normal right now. Much appreciated!

Re: Current wait time for options order?

Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:41 pm

Hi .. I ordered a asat special USA … standard model .. 3-4 month wait time. I can’t recall the guys name at G&l, I left him a message and he was nice enough to call back .. he looked up my order and confirmed the wait time.

Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:46 am

rich7196 wrote:Hi .. I ordered a asat special USA … standard model .. 3-4 month wait time. I can’t recall the guys name at G&l, I left him a message and he was nice enough to call back .. he looked up my order and confirmed the wait time.

I appreciate the reply! I was quoted the same (back in April). 6 months later and I'm still waiting for one of them (I ordered 2) :confused0007: The first one arrived in 4 months and came out great.

Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:35 am

A few years back, I ordered an SB-2 with several options. For the record-it was awesome!

To my (pleasant) they delivered the bass in about 6 weeks. (I was told to expect a 3-4 month lead time). My understanding is that your order's build time is dependent on the current production schedule at G&L.

If they are building ASAT's or JB's for example, and that's what you ordered, you might be at the head of the line. If your particular model was a month or two out, there 'ya go...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was what my Dealer told me anyway.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:54 pm

I ordered my option order BB90 semi-hollow in late January and received it almost exactly four months later in May. I can't speak to the current schedule, but my guess is that it would be similar depending on the order.

Custom Shop orders would take longer.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:01 pm

Still waiting... :zzz:

Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:20 pm

hi .. just got my ASAT Special.. 17 weeks.. not so bad.. they said between 16-20.. its awesome.. ! happy new year

Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:44 pm

Hi Everyone,

I took my first steps to joining the G&L family in June 2021 when I placed an Option Order for a Doheny though a dealer's online order form. Due to the supply chain issues that every industry is currently dealing with, I told myself at the time of purchase to not expect to have an Option Order completed within the next six months.

Once the 6-month mark hit in December, I reached out to the dealer to see if there was any sort of update on the expected turnaround time. The dealer responded that they would contact G&L. When I followed up a few days later, they told me that they did not hear back from G&L. I've called a couple of times in the two months since, and have gotten the same response.

I don't want to be unreasonable, but it seems that this is a bit longer than others may have been waiting recently. I just searched for other customers experiences with this shop, and I saw that users in other online forums also had some grievances with the shop's business practices. I am sure that's true for any organization out there these days. But given my current situation, it did strike a chord with me.

I still want the guitar. But now I'm a little worried that the dealer did not actually send my order to G&L when I first placed it. I don't have an issue waiting for the guitar; it's just a guitar, and I won't die without it. But the lack of any communication from the dealer troubles me. Even if it took a longer time to wait, I'd rather have a dealer who would make me feel confident in my purchase.

I also just found out that I'm going to move halfway across the world before the end of the year. It would be practical to just cancel the order, have that money available for anything that may occur during the move, and place it again in the future when I'm settled and (hopefully) supply chains are fully up-and-running again.

I would appreciate anyone else's thought on the situation.

Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:17 pm

Thesourgin wrote:Hi Everyone,

I took my first steps to joining the G&L family in June 2021 when I placed an Option Order for a Doheny though a dealer's online order form. Due to the supply chain issues that every industry is currently dealing with, I told myself at the time of purchase to not expect to have an Option Order completed within the next six months.

Once the 6-month mark hit in December, I reached out to the dealer to see if there was any sort of update on the expected turnaround time. The dealer responded that they would contact G&L. When I followed up a few days later, they told me that they did not hear back from G&L. I've called a couple of times in the two months since, and have gotten the same response.

I don't want to be unreasonable, but it seems that this is a bit longer than others may have been waiting recently. I just searched for other customers experiences with this shop, and I saw that users in other online forums also had some grievances with the shop's business practices. I am sure that's true for any organization out there these days. But given my current situation, it did strike a chord with me.

I still want the guitar. But now I'm a little worried that the dealer did not actually send my order to G&L when I first placed it. I don't have an issue waiting for the guitar; it's just a guitar, and I won't die without it. But the lack of any communication from the dealer troubles me. Even if it took a longer time to wait, I'd rather have a dealer who would make me feel confident in my purchase.

I also just found out that I'm going to move halfway across the world before the end of the year. It would be practical to just cancel the order, have that money available for anything that may occur during the move, and place it again in the future when I'm settled and (hopefully) supply chains are fully up-and-running again.

I would appreciate anyone else's thought on the situation.

I forwarded your post (and your email address) to my contact at G&L and asked if he could direct it someone in G&L who could help you.

Hope this helps.

Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:08 am

I heard back from my contact and he needs some more information from you. I emailed you his reply, so please read it,
reply back and I will forward it back to him so he check into it further.

Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:44 pm

Thank you, Sir. I did get in touch with your contact today. I'm hoping there is nothing to be concerned with, aside from expected supply chain delays.

Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:17 pm

One dealer told me the current wait time is up to 6 months.

Sat May 21, 2022 12:14 pm

For what it's worth, I just received my Option Order Legacy HSS in almost exactly four months, but apparently that's unusually quick these days.

Sun May 22, 2022 4:50 am

I placed an order for an ASAT Classic Bluesboy with the same specs as the models currently available with the exception of color. I wished to have a grey body with a black pick guard. After checking to see if G&L would accommodate the order, my dealer informed me that as long as I wanted a color that was offered on other current models it would not be a problem. I chose Pearl Grey used on the current V12 offerings. Placed order and the timeline is 6-8 months.
Patience is a virtue. I have no problem waiting for what I want. Who knows, maybe my playing will have progressed enough by then to be able to do the instrument justice.

Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:08 pm

Hi all, I placed an options order for a ASAT Bluesboy in Butterscotch Blonde vintage tint gloss, with locking tuners, arm and rear contours, and saddlelock bridge on March 19, 2022. Are they taking more than a year now?
I have contacted the dealer who took the order, both by email (two weeks ago)and by phone (1 week ago), and they have not replied back. They could still be waiting to hear back from G&L?
Any info and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:56 am

Georock wrote:Hi all, I placed an options order for a ASAT Bluesboy in Butterscotch Blonde vintage tint gloss, with locking tuners, arm and rear contours, and saddlelock bridge on March 19, 2022. Are they taking more than a year now?
I have contacted the dealer who took the order, both by email (two weeks ago)and by phone (1 week ago), and they have not replied back. They could still be waiting to hear back from G&L?
Any info and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Are you sure that the G&L dealer took you order as an Option Order (aka Build To Order)?
The reason I ask is because you cannot substitute a Saddle-Lock bridge for the ASAT Classic bridge on BTO models,
it would need to be approved by G&L Sales as a Custom Shop order.
Also you said you ordered the body finish as Butterscotch Blonde "vintage tint gloss".
Do you mean a nitro finish or just a gloss clearcoat? Nitro finishes are only available on Custom Shop orders.

I think you need to contact the dealer and find out the exact status of this order (and the type of order it is).

Hope you are able to get this sorted out. Please keep us informed on your order, too.

Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:19 am

Hi Craig, I rechecked my receipt for the order and the order was placed on a G&L CUSTOM SHOP ORDER FORM. I thought it was just the build to order form. I also talked to the dealer who confirmed custom shop order. He said order forms have also changed since my order. He said he has not heard back from G&L but would try again. Sorry for the confusion.

Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:48 pm

Georock wrote:Hi Craig, I rechecked my receipt for the order and the order was placed on a G&L CUSTOM SHOP ORDER FORM. I thought it was just the build to order form. I also talked to the dealer who confirmed custom shop order. He said order forms have also changed since my order. He said he has not heard back from G&L but would try again. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for clarifying your order. I will look for photos of it on G&L's facebook page. :searching:
Am curious to see what pickups you have chosen to have installed.