ASAT Bluesboy Crooked bridge repair?

Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:56 pm

I have a 2004 G&L Bluesboy that had the bridge installed crooked by the factory. Over the years I have tweaked it to sort of line it up correctly and have managed to live with it. Besides being visibly crooked on the body, the string holes in the body don't line up with the holes in the bridge. Every time I restring it I'm reminded of the fact that I should have returned the guitar when I bought it due to the flaw. Alas, it was a hard one to find at the time and otherwise plays well...

At one time I had over 20 G&L guitars (I own 8 currently) and this is the second ASAT Classic I've had with a crooked bridge. I've read about a few others from the same time period over the years.

Recently, when restringing the guitar, that frustration set in so I reached out to G&L via email. A week later, after no response, I reached out to the repairs email address. 3 weeks later and still no response. Even though its clearly a factory defect, I'm not asking for a warranty repair. I was simply asking if they could fix the guitar. They email me videos all the time of guitars they are fixing for people...

I've supported G&L since the 80s. I still own an original F-100. I recently relocated to an area where there are no G&L dealers -or at least the dealers in my area listed on the G&L website no longer carry the line. I'm pretty sure I bought the guitar from Buffalo Bros. way back when. They are long gone too.

Just yesterday I had an ASAT semi-hollow in my shopping cart at Sweetwater and decided not to buy the guitar because of my lingering concerns over G&L customer support.

Does anyone (still here) know how to actually get a reply from the folks at G&L? I know they used to participate on these forums but thats been some time ago.

thanks for any leads.

Re: ASAT Bluesboy Crooked bridge repair?

Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:57 am

When I acquired my Semi Hollow Bluesboy ASAT Classic Tribute I contacted Memo at G&L for assistance with dating the instrument and to replace the cap on the selector switch. I found him to be very helpful and quick in responding.
Of course, much has changed in that year due to Covid and possibly an increase in demand.
Every company I have dealt with recently has had mediocre customer service due to the pandemic.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:10 am

Just a followup to this thread... I was able to reach someone at G&L in October of last year and, after sending them the guitar for inspection, they are taking care of it.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:26 am

Good to hear! :happy0065:

Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:27 am

Good to hear, thanks for following up.