Excessive finish on fret board?

Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:10 am

Hey everyone! New to the forum and happy to be here!

I just received a Fullerton Deluxe Comanche from Musician’s Friend.
It looks like quite a bit of the poly finish has pooled up around the frets.
Is this normal?

Re: Excessive finish on fret board?

Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:29 pm

From G&L's main website, link=https://glguitars.com/support/#1498706400074-d00e7eb8-e9d8 :

If you bought your G&L new (with warranty), please contact your dealer first. Your dealer may be able to resolve the problem quickly.

Go to the link above for full details.

Hope this helps.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:15 pm

Thanks, Craig. I reached out to MF yesterday and they offered a partial refund of $120. Obviously, none of this affects how the guitar plays. I just feel like, at $1700, the fretboard should look better than this. Also, this is the first maple fretboard I've owned so I wasn't sure if this was normal or not.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:38 pm

bknightmusic wrote:Thanks, Craig. I reached out to MF yesterday and they offered a partial refund of $120. Obviously, none of this affects how the guitar plays. I just feel like, at $1700, the fretboard should look better than this. Also, this is the first maple fretboard I've owned so I wasn't sure if this was normal or not.

In my opinion, they did an earnest partial refund for this. Check out other manufactors with maple glossy necks, you might find simular appearances. Like you said, it does not affect how the guitar plays.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:50 pm

You should be able to scrape off the excess with a razor blade. If you google it you'll find various threads regarding heavy fretboard finish removal.