Measured the DC of the CLF-100s in my 2018 Legacy

Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:48 pm

The guitar is a Fullerton Standard Legacy in Graphite Metallic. I measured the dc resistance of each stock CLF-100 pickup while removed from the guitar with probes attached to clean lead wire free of solder. I keep track of such things for my gear and thought it would be good to share here for reference.

Neck pickup (white/black cloth leads) 6.00 k
Middle pickup (yellow/red cloth leads) 6.01 k
Bridge pickup (yellow/blue cloth leads) 6.81 k

Re: Measured the DC of the CLF-100s in my 2018 Legacy

Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:30 pm

TwangBanger wrote:The guitar is a Fullerton Standard Legacy in Graphite Metallic. I measured the dc resistance of each stock CLF-100 pickup while removed from the guitar with probes attached to clean lead wire free of solder. I keep track of such things for my gear and thought it would be good to share here for reference.

Neck pickup (white/black cloth leads) 6.00 k
Middle pickup (yellow/red cloth leads) 6.01 k
Bridge pickup (yellow/blue cloth leads) 6.81 k

Thanks for sharing this as it is inline with the change made to the bridge pickup winding done in 2017, see CLF-100 pups.

Re: Measured the DC of the CLF-100s in my 2018 Legacy

Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:23 am

More documented spec info is always good.

FWIW the CLF-100s were removed because I replaced them with a set with staggered pole pieces based on personal preference. My Legacy (2018 Fullerton Standard) has a 9.5" fretboard radius so can get along with either flat or staggered pickups depending on taste.

I also previously installed an Expander Switch a la S-500 and Comanche using the same Alco switch often seen from G&L.