NGD: 2014 ASAT Classic S Alnico - Finish chip and spec sheet

Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:05 pm

Recently I bought a used 2014 G&L ASAT Classic S Alnico from Reverb (link: https://reverb.com/item/39557489-g-l-asat-classic-s-2014-green-burst). I had thought about buying one of these for a while, and this used one had almost all the same options I'd choose for myself.

The guitar arrived today. It's overall in pretty good condition. One thing I noticed is that the spec sheet has a couple things that seem different from the actual guitar. The spec sheet says its color is clear forest green, when it's actually green burst (I'm pretty sure transparent forest green is fully green). Also, the spec sheet says it has G&L standard tuners, when it actually has locking tuners. Is this suspicious?

The spec sheet says the neck has a satin finish, but it feels a little more 'sticky' than I'd expect (I also have a 2014 G&L Comanche that I bought new with a satin finish, and it's pretty smooth to slide my hand on it).

Also, there's a minor chip in the finish (see photo). I'm wondering how I can minimize/fix it so the chip isn't so apparent?
Image Image