Passive Treble Bass controls for new Fullerton Deluxe Legacy

Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:56 pm

I have a new (2020) Fullterton Deluxe Legacy HB, which I recently purchased sight unseen (as I already have other G&L’s I like I felt confident this would be a great purchase). I love the guitar, but find that the passive treble bass system is taking some time to get used to - do any of you have suggestions for getting a “good” tone (I know, I know - it’s subjective). I play mainly jazz/blues and on Sundays I play church/worship music. Thanks in advance for your thoughts... [also having a difficult time with some setup issues with it - I like the strings around 4/64th’s and it came around 8/64ths, which I feel is too high].

Re: Passive Treble Bass controls for new Fullerton Deluxe Le

Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:28 pm

guitfiddleblue wrote:I have a new (2020) Fullterton Deluxe Legacy HB, which I recently purchased sight unseen (as I already have other G&L’s I like I felt confident this would be a great purchase). I love the guitar, but find that the passive treble bass system is taking some time to get used to - do any of you have suggestions for getting a “good” tone (I know, I know - it’s subjective). I play mainly jazz/blues and on Sundays I play church/worship music. Thanks in advance for your thoughts... [also having a difficult time with some setup issues with it - I like the strings around 4/64th’s and it came around 8/64ths, which I feel is too high].

For the PTB System, see this post: Can you explain the PTB circuit?

For the current factory setup, this post: Current Factory setup for G&L guitars with vibrato bridges.
There are also several setup tips posts from a number of members here in both sub-forums of the G&L Knowledgebase forum:
LINK: General G&L Questions (sorted by Subject)
LINK: G&L Technical Questions & Tips (sorted by Subject)

Hope this helps.

Re: Passive Treble Bass controls for new Fullerton Deluxe Le

Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:45 am

Thank you - that is very helpful.

Update. . . . Thank you for the link for the information. The PTB system makes a lot more sense now. However, in reviewing the setup suggestions, I am curious of any advice - I have been setting up my guitars for years now and when I follow the measurements for the Legacy (which tend to be the measurements I use anyway 4/64ths on high E, 5/54ths low E with adjustment in between for radius). I am getting some fret buzz despite light playing. I did some truss rod adjustment also to make sure it was right as well - makes me wonder if it needs work on the nut or frets themselves, which is dissapointing as the guitar is new (and is a Fullerton Deluxe) - however, I could very well be screwing something up and don’t want to necessarily blame G&L.