How do the tone volume controls work on a G&L?

Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:34 am

I have a G&L Legacy US HB, and been reading a bit about how the tone controls are different to standard Fender, and how they effect all of the pick ups at once rather than a tone for each PU.

Can someone explain it to me? trying to get my head around it. In the blurb says something about the glassy tone you can get by rolling back the volume and the treble bass knobs. Back to basics G&L tone control for dummies please lol.

Is there a way to get that middle position out of phase quack you would get from a Fender Strat? I like a sparkly high end...glassy I would call it with a nice beefy bottom. I play through a Super Reverb. It sort of has that in the out of phase positions with HB set on single coil or front / middle but not as much as I'd like

Re: How do the tone volume controls work on a G&L?

Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:25 pm

Kenny202 wrote:I have a G&L Legacy US HB, and been reading a bit about how the tone controls are different to standard Fender, and how they effect all of the pick ups at once rather than a tone for each PU.

Can someone explain it to me? trying to get my head around it. In the blurb says something about the glassy tone you can get by rolling back the volume and the treble bass knobs. Back to basics G&L tone control for dummies please lol.

Is there a way to get that middle position out of phase quack you would get from a Fender Strat? I like a sparkly high end...glassy I would call it with a nice beefy bottom. I play through a Super Reverb. It sort of has that in the out of phase positions with HB set on single coil or front / middle but not as much as I'd like

See this post: Can you explain the PTB circuit?

Hope this helps.