Set screw for Saddle lock Bridge

Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:40 am

Where's the best/quickest place to get a set screw for a saddle lock bridge.
(I could actually use 2)
and do they have any kind of pad at the end...
Thanks...Chris

Re: Set screw for Saddle lock Bridge

Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:04 pm

You can pickup a setscrew at a hardware store. I'm not sure but I think it's #8-32. You can also pick up the correct one with the nylon pad at the on-line store at the G&L website.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:11 pm

Got it.... Thanks...
Sounds much better

Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:08 pm

chuck0765 wrote:You can pickup a setscrew at a hardware store. I'm not sure but I think it's #8-32. You can also pick up the correct one with the nylon pad at the on-line store at the G&L website.

There are 2 different thread configurations: For US instruments 2005 and older, use part # 080215-000 (Standard), for US instruments 2006 and later and all Tribute instruments use part # 080215-100 (Metric) [from the G&L on-line store].

Hope this helps.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:52 pm

Hi Craig,
Thanks for the response, that is helpful. I went to the hardware store and got
a couple but I kinda like having the original stuff so I'll be ordering the parts as soon
as I can set my new WR down long enought.. (for those keeping track.. that's Two WR's
Sparkle Silver and Sparkle Turquoise)

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:06 pm

ChrisPcritter wrote:Hi Craig,
Thanks for the response, that is helpful. I went to the hardware store and got
a couple but I kinda like having the original stuff so I'll be ordering the parts as soon
as I can set my new WR down long enought.. (for those keeping track.. that's Two WR's
Sparkle Silver and Sparkle Turquoise)

Glad I was helpful :thumbup:

I think you also need a WR in Orange Metal Flake, too. :lol:

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:29 pm

I was actually just thinking that....
My wife was just thinking of how to make it look like an
accident so the insurance will still pay..

Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:19 am

They do ORANGE now? WR's?? Oh God.... what an unbearably tempting perfect piece of genius that is...
P.S. about the saddle-lock setscrew: does anyone feel that the saddles can be made to sit up at slight angles if they're not laid out flat (not level, obviously, just not angled), i.e. they can rock under pressure of the setscrew and actually end up making for worse mechanical stability? Mine does seem to sound a bit different (better) with each saddle parallel to the baseplate and then tightened so the rubber tip compresses quite a bit but not massively tight.