Question about PTB system

Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:38 am

So I just noticed that when I turn the bass-cut (rearmost) knob on my Doheny V12 all the way down, the sound cuts out entirely, as though I turned the volume knob all the way down. Is this the expected behavior? It doesn't happen when I turn the treble-cut (middle) knob down all the way.

EDIT: I just recently shielded the body cavities and the back of the pickguard with copper tape, which necessitated removing the controls from the pickguard. Wiring was left completely intact in this process, I didn't disconnect or re-solder anything. It was very effective at quieting the guitar down, and everything else seems to be functioning correctly. The only issue is that when the bass-cut knob gets to the end of its travel, the signal cuts out entirely. Possibly something touching copper tape when it shouldn't be?

Re: Question about PTB system

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:51 pm

Is it possible that you switched the volume pot with the bass cut pot?
I don't know what the controls and wiring look like under the hood (I have not looked at mine).
And since the control knobs are not labeled, you need to look at each pot underneath to make sure the
pot values are in the right order.

Just a thought.

Re: Question about PTB system

Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:04 pm

krskrft wrote: The only issue is that when the bass-cut knob gets to the end of its travel, the signal cuts out entirely. Possibly something touching copper tape when it shouldn't be?

I'd put my money there...the pot probably needs to be repositioned slightly and then retightened.