I'm supposed to see Mike about this Legacy body

Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:29 am

At least that's what it says on it.

I recently purchased a 1995 Legacy 3-bolt body that I believe is either a B-stock and/or an employee-made guitar; the guy I bought it from said he purchased it on eBay about 10 years ago. The neck plate that came with it reads G036531 but I don't know if it's original.

The most obvious flaw is the trem route, which is too long on the bass side, making the route visible. The swimming pool route is pretty sloppy on the bottom, and it has the following written in it:

"MINT GRN" -- It's a sunburst
"57 BURST"
"SEE MIKE / ED" -- or maybe EG?
"MIKES" -- with an X over it.

The control route is a bit sloppy to, and has "B" or "R" stamped in it.

The electronics are interesting, too. Pots seem to be stamped 2002-2005, with what looks like factory-intact solder joints for G&L neck and middle single coils and a TWB-2 Legacy Special pickup in the bridge.

I'd love to learn who Mike is, and knowing that there are quite a few other employees around and folks connected with them I'd love to hear the history of this oddball. It's a great guitar, weighing 7.1lbs.

Thanks in advance! Please let me know if you'd like any more info or photos. I'll write Memo at G&L, too, do see they know he knows any history.

Here are the rest of the images: https://imgur.com/a/xAWtTrA