Current F-100

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:20 pm

Does anyone or has anyone had any experience with the current model F-100's? I've got my Invader but the F-100 looks interesting and might make a nice addition. I play primarily heavy rock so what do you think?

Re: Current F-100

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:34 am

Good morning Strats! I'm not sure if this is a fair comparison but I have the F100-Return Edition. I do not gig it and use it for a wall looker. I finally did a setup on it two evenings ago and here are my impressions. The build quality is outstanding and the neck is also very perfect. I set up very low relief and action. I plugged it in to my twin reverb custom 15 and it covers a broad range of tone. It goes from twang to a nice HB tone. This model has the push/pull tone control for HB splitting. It has the DF vibrato. I am not sure this is how the new F-100 is set up but this one would make a respectable gigger. But with that said it will continue to be a looker on the wall. It has a beautiful Maple cap. It relpaced my Les Paul looker who was demoted to a rack on the floor. If the new F-100 doesn't have the push/pull splitter that could easily be added. :thumbup: --Darwin

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:40 am

Thanks darwinohm! I'm looking at a 2009 model F-100, DF trem, flame maple top and G&L installed EMG 81 & 85 HB's. I think this will get me a darker heavier sound that I tend to like. I think it will go nicely with my G&L Invader w/Saddlelock bridge. Thanks!

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:56 pm

Well I picked up the F100 today. EMG's and all. I'll post pics when it arrives.