Wiring diagram & parts for Korina ASAT Jr. II?

Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:09 pm

Hi all!

I believe the volume pot on my ASAT has gone bad, as it's been cracking. I tried some contact cleaner, but it didn't work.

I want to make sure I get the correct part and have the right diagram, in case it's different with the P90s. It's a Korina ASAT Jr. II. I'm also not very practiced at soldering and repair and am a bit nervous.

Thanks.

If you'd like to see a photo of it, here it is.

Re: Wiring diagram & parts for Korina ASAT Jr. II?

Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:05 pm

tbp0701 wrote:Hi all!

I believe the volume pot on my ASAT has gone bad, as it's been cracking. I tried some contact cleaner, but it didn't work.

I want to make sure I get the correct part and have the right diagram, in case it's different with the P90s. It's a Korina ASAT Jr. II. I'm also not very practiced at soldering and repair and am a bit nervous.

Thanks.

The volume and tone pots are both 500KA - 500K Audio Taper value.
The G&L On-Line store has them, see: POT - SPLIT SHAFT - USA MODELS.

We don't have a wiring diagram for this model in our Gallery -> Instrument Manuals and Wiring Schematics section.
However, the Tribute Series Tribute Ascari GT-90 has the same pickups and wired the same, see: Album: Tribute Ascari GT-90 Wiring Diagram.

Hope this helps.

Re: Wiring diagram & parts for Korina ASAT Jr. II?

Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:07 pm

Craig wrote:
tbp0701 wrote:Hi all!

Thanks.

The volume and tone pots are both 500KA - 500K Audio Taper value.
The G&L On-Line store has them, see: POT - SPLIT SHAFT - USA MODELS.

We don't have a wiring diagram for this model in our Gallery -> Instrument Manuals and Wiring Schematics section.
However, the Tribute Series Tribute Ascari GT-90 has the same pickups and wired the same, see: Album: Tribute Ascari GT-90 Wiring Diagram.

Hope this helps.

Very helpful. Thank you!