Neck Width on an ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow

Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:35 pm

Hello all,

This is my first post on the forum. I just purchased a Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi Hollow from a shop in West Virginia. Wonderful guitar! I have a question about the neck width, though. I put some calipers on it and it appears to be about 1/16" wider than the neck on my 335, 175, or Tele at the 5th fret. The G&L website says the ASAT Classic Bluesboy comes with a "Medium C" neck, but does not give any specs for what that means. When looking at the USA neck options, it looks mine is comparable to a #3 (Classic Plus C). Do I have that right? Is the Medium C on the Tribute series the same as the Classic Plus C on the USA guitars?

I don't mind the extra width and string spacing. I don't have big hands, but my fingers are pretty thick, so it feels pretty comfortable.

I did make one immediate modification to the guitar, and that is to swap out the stock neck humbucker for a SD SH55 Seth Lover I had on hand. I really like that pick-up and it did add some clarity to the neck position. (I'm a jazz player, so I live on the neck pick-up!)

Thanks for the assist.

Skip B.

Re: Neck Width on an ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow

Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:40 pm

SkipBurz wrote:Hello all,

This is my first post on the forum. I just purchased a Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi Hollow from a shop in West Virginia. Wonderful guitar! I have a question about the neck width, though. I put some calipers on it and it appears to be about 1/16" wider than the neck on my 335, 175, or Tele at the 5th fret. The G&L website says the ASAT Classic Bluesboy comes with a "Medium C" neck, but does not give any specs for what that means. When looking at the USA neck options, it looks mine is comparable to a #3 (Classic Plus C). Do I have that right? Is the Medium C on the Tribute series the same as the Classic Plus C on the USA guitars?

I don't mind the extra width and string spacing. I don't have big hands, but my fingers are pretty thick, so it feels pretty comfortable.

I did make one immediate modification to the guitar, and that is to swap out the stock neck humbucker for a SD SH55 Seth Lover I had on hand. I really like that pick-up and it did add some clarity to the neck position. (I'm a jazz player, so I live on the neck pick-up!)

Thanks for the assist.

Skip B.

It's 1 5/8" width at the nut, see this post in our G&L Knowledgebase: 1/15/2020-present Tribute Series Production Models.

Hope this helps.

Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:44 pm

Yup, I got the nut width. I'm talking about the neck width and string spacing down the neck. Thanks.

Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:01 pm

SkipBurz wrote:Yup, I got the nut width. I'm talking about the neck width and string spacing down the neck. Thanks.

Sorry, but they have never provided that level of detail on the Tribute Series instruments.