Legacy 2HB pot and cap values

Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:10 am

I would like to convert my Legacy Fullerton Standard to a 2HB. Are the caps and pots the same values for the volume and PTB or are they different to accommodate the change in pickup design? The diagrams on this site do not show values that I can see.

Thank you.

Re: Legacy 2HB pot and cap values

Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:55 am

Most would typically use 500k pots with humbuckers and cap values to taste. I prefer lower cap values like .010mf, .015mf, and .022mf to gain more subtle control of the highs and less roll off but you may prefer higher values and more immediate roll off. Caps are cheap so you may want to experiment with a few to see what works best for you.

Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:49 pm

TwangBanger wrote:I would like to convert my Legacy Fullerton Standard to a 2HB. Are the caps and pots the same values for the volume and PTB or are they different to accommodate the change in pickup design? The diagrams on this site do not show values that I can see.

Thank you.

G&L has done two different verions of the Legacy 2HB/HH. See this Album in our Gallery: Album: Legacy 2HB Diagrams.
The PTB version has the standard PTB pots: 250k volume, 500k Treble, 1Mg Bass.
The older version has 500k volume pot and 500k Tone pot.
Your Fullerton Standard Legacy wiring schematc is also in the Gallery: Album: Legacy Diagrams.

Hope this helps.

Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:58 am

I should clarify since I am new here, I am experienced in guitar wiring but need to know how a factory HH with PTB was wired so I can replicate it. Are cap values the same for the PTB when going from a single coil Legacy to a HH version? The images don't show values for those. The more pieces of this harness I can carry over intact the less work I have to do.

Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:08 am

TwangBanger wrote:I should clarify since I am new here, I am experienced in guitar wiring but need to know how a factory HH with PTB was wired so I can replicate it. Are cap values the same for the PTB when going from a single coil Legacy to a HH version? The images don't show values for those. The more pieces of this harness I can carry over intact the less work I have to do.

Suggest you contact G&L's Tech Support: Tech Support.