ASAT Special W/Bigsby Production year?

Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:48 pm

My father passed in May and this was in his collection. My mother can't stand to have his guitars around and wanted me to have this one noting that my Dad often said what I was playing would sound amazing on this. I am of the understanding that this was an original build. No additional holes or obvious refinishing to indicate the Bigsby was added later. Also the color is between the metallic gold and green. If you know anything about this guitar let me know.

Serial: G033613

Last edited by KG85 on Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: ASAT Special W/Bigsby Production year?

Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:30 pm

KG85 wrote:My father passed in May and this was in his collection. My mother can't stand to have his guitars around and wanted me to have this one noting that my Dad often said what I was playing would sound amazing on this. I am of the understanding that this was an original build. No additional holes or obvious refinishing to indicate the Bigsby was added later. Also the color is between the metallic gold and green. If you know anything about this guitar let me know.

Serial: GO33613

Serial number is G033613. I have emailed a contact at the factory to look up this serial number and get the details in the log book.

Stay tuned.

Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:40 pm

Craig wrote:
KG85 wrote:My father passed in May and this was in his collection. My mother can't stand to have his guitars around and wanted me to have this one noting that my Dad often said what I was playing would sound amazing on this. I am of the understanding that this was an original build. No additional holes or obvious refinishing to indicate the Bigsby was added later. Also the color is between the metallic gold and green. If you know anything about this guitar let me know.

Serial: GO33613

Serial number is G033613. I have emailed a contact at the factory to look up this serial number and get the details in the log book.

Stay tuned.

Thank you!

Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:31 pm

BTW, the body color finish is Gold Metallic which has aged over the years of exposure to sunlight.
Lift the pickguard to see the unexposed finish.

Hope this helps.

Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:54 pm

I heard back from Memo:

Hi Craig,
The ASAT special build date is May 6th 1993, it has a bigsby, #2 rosewood neck 1-5/8”, 7.5 radius, alder body, gold finish.

Best Regards,
Memo Romero
SERVICE MANAGER

Hope this helps.

Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:48 pm

Craig wrote:I heard back from Memo:

Hi Craig,
The ASAT special build date is May 6th 1993, it has a bigsby, #2 rosewood neck 1-5/8”, 7.5 radius, alder body, gold finish.

Best Regards,
Memo Romero
SERVICE MANAGER

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much, this is exactly what I was hoping to find out.