Question's Regarding my Bass

Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:17 am

Greetings,

I've had my G&L SB-2 bass for about 14 years now. I recently discovered it was an SB-2 by registering the SN on the G&L Registry, when an admin informed me of what model it was.

I have a question I am hoping the forum can help with.

The logo on the head stock does not include the model name. Every G&L image I've seen of an SB-2 displays the model name with the logo.

Is this normal?

The serial number, CLF43458, suggests that this guitar was made in 2006 (based on other SNs in the G&L database.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Re: Question's Regarding my Bass

Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:45 am

vozzek wrote:Greetings,

I've had my G&L SB-2 bass for about 14 years now. I recently discovered it was an SB-2 by registering the SN on the G&L Registry, when an admin informed me of what model it was.

I have a question I am hoping the forum can help with.

The logo on the head stock does not include the model name. Every G&L image I've seen of an SB-2 displays the model name with the logo.

Is this normal?

The serial number, CLF43458, suggests that this guitar was made in 2006 (based on other SNs in the G&L database.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Yes, with the matching painted headstock option and the body finish is Black the model name is deleted.

In the current options this is listed: [Reference January 23, 2019-present Neck Finish Options]

Black headstock automatically comes with Silver-on-Black G&L logo and Model Logo Delete.
It is strongly recommended to choose either Silver-on- Black or Black-on-Silver G&L logo and Model Logo Delete on other Painted Headstock colors.

Hope this helps.

Re: Question's Regarding my Bass

Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:47 am

It does Craig. Thank you kindly.