Recent ASAT Specials

Tue May 05, 2020 4:12 pm

I recently saw a USA ASAT Special with a belly cut. I don't really like that simply for the sake of tradition but I could probably live with it. My question is would there likely be any sonic changes to this guitar or would it sound like they always have with the large MFD pickups? Thank you.

Re: Recent ASAT Specials

Wed May 06, 2020 3:43 am

The current Fullerton Series ASAT Specials have a rear body contour, see the Sweetwater site. I wouldn't expect any difference in tone with those wonderful pickups. I have a 2015 ASAT Classic Bluesboy with the rear body contour and I love the feel for this body style. It's lighter (< 8 lbs). Has great tone.

Wed May 06, 2020 7:24 pm

tedkirkendall wrote:I recently saw a USA ASAT Special with a belly cut. I don't really like that simply for the sake of tradition but I could probably live with it. My question is would there likely be any sonic changes to this guitar or would it sound like they always have with the large MFD pickups? Thank you.

Like you, I prefer a slab T style body. Body contours on T styles always look wrong to me.

Just do an option order! It doesn't cost much more. assuming you don't go bananas with options, you essentially get a custom guitar for 1200-1500.

Thu May 07, 2020 6:17 pm

I wouldn't expect any difference In tone. I also prefer the slab body. I could live with a contour body though if one caught my eye.