First G and l purchase.

Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:23 pm

Hello All, I'm looking to purchase a new ASAT classic. Between REVERB and EBAY I have probably about 30 or 40 to choose from. I've noticed the prices of similarly spec'd guitars can vary by a couple of hundred dollars. I've also notice that several of the guitars have a manufacture date of up to four or five years ago and I was wondering why they have sat around unsold for so long. I live in a rural area and I don't really want to travel to the big city to try one out. Would I be better purchasing one of the "newer" new guitars , (generally not as heavily discounted),or just go for the best deal I can find. Thank you for your advice. Bill S.

Re: First G and l purchase.

Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:52 pm

Bill, I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them. Given that time range I don't think one year is better than the other. Personally, I would go with the best deal.

Cheers, Dan

Re: First G and l purchase.

Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:18 pm

bill1961 wrote:Hello All, I'm looking to purchase a new ASAT classic. Between REVERB and EBAY I have probably about 30 or 40 to choose from. I've noticed the prices of similarly spec'd guitars can vary by a couple of hundred dollars. I've also notice that several of the guitars have a manufacture date of up to four or five years ago and I was wondering why they have sat around unsold for so long. I live in a rural area and I don't really want to travel to the big city to try one out. Would I be better purchasing one of the "newer" new guitars , (generally not as heavily discounted),or just go for the best deal I can find. Thank you for your advice. Bill S.

Howdy Bill, you may want to get one that has the modern classic neck profile, generally available from mid 2015 on. That's my personal favorite. If you hold out for a bit you can find something in the ASAT classic range 2015-2019 that will come in 900's or better with the hardshell case. Just requires a little patience, and worth waiting for! Don't be shy about bidding what you think a good price would be. happy hunting...