NGD ASAT III

Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:00 pm

Being the thoughtful and helpful guy I am, when a friend told me he had a three bolt ASAT III he needed to set free, but only wanted someone who could appreciate the beauty, quality and tone of a G&L ASAT III, it was imperative I come to the rescue!

The color is better than the pictures show, in good light it is a lighter blueburst. The first time I saw her, knew she was coming my way based on the weight and basic feel. After plugging her into a Fender Twin Reverb and my super modded Fender Blues Deluxe (more Pro Reverb than Bassman now), all the twang and spank I was looking for! This is a second run from 1995 - 1998 so not a "rarebird" but well worth the price of admission.

Having two other ASAT III's the selling point to justify this one was, 1 - Maple neck (others are rosewood) 2 - Saddle Lock bridge solid body 3 - Expander switch like the GBl LE.

If you find one of these in need of adoption I highly recommend. :alright:

Re: NGD ASAT III

Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:31 pm

Excellent addition Sam!

:happy0065: :happy0065: :happy0065:

Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:01 pm

Thanks Jos,

This could become a regular player. I’m still partial to the Will Ray model and good ol’ ASAT’s but this just has a familiar feel/sound in my head. Could become flavor of the month, but for now she’s got PO-tential! :evilgrin:

Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:14 am

What pickups are in this? Did previous owner swap out the MFDs? Congratulations!
Cheers, Dan

Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:47 pm

Thanks Dan,

Just looked under the hood and this has a set of Lindy Fralin Blues Specials. Talked to the my friend and he said ir came to him that way. These sound great. My son wants to play it in his high school jazz band!

Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:46 am

Great grab and I imagine the pickups offer something different. I bet it is a blast to play.

Nice!

y2kc