ASAT III Schematic

Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:31 pm

Howdy all,

Having trouble finding the wiring schematics for the ASAT III. Looking for the pickup combination for the ones with the toggle switch.

Is it the N/B - N/M/B - M - N/M/B - N/B as on the S500 and Z3? Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Re: ASAT III Schematic

Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:47 pm

sam wrote:Howdy all,

Having trouble finding the wiring schematics for the ASAT III. Looking for the pickup combination for the ones with the toggle switch.

Is it the N/B - N/M/B - M - N/M/B - N/B as on the S500 and Z3? Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Sam,

Start with these:
(pre-BBE) ASAT III
(BBE-era) ASAT III

Both do not have the expander switch but I think you can checkout the schematic for the S-500 to get started how to hook up the switch. I have them as archived links on this page of mine, since they are not in the Gallery yet. But I betcha Craig will fix that shortly after reading this post. I also write about these harnesses here.

- Jos.

Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:21 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote:
sam wrote:Howdy all,

Sam,

Start with these:
(pre-BBE) ASAT III
(BBE-era) ASAT III

Both do not have the expander switch but I think you can checkout the schematic for the S-500 to get started how to hook up the switch. I have them as archived links on this page of mine, since they are not in the Gallery yet. But I betcha Craig will fix that shortly after reading this post. I also write about these harnesses here.

- Jos.

They are in the Gallery (added 8/4/2018 in the Instrument Manuals and Wiring Schematics Album) via a link to Internet Archives of the July 27, 2017 of the G&L Schematics and Wiring Diagrams page on the main G&L website: Link to G&L Schematics and Wiring Diagrams from Internet Archive of the July 27, 2017 G&L Website glguitars dot com..

The 1999 http://www.guitarsbyleo.com Limited Edition (a.k.a. "GbL_LE") did have the expander function. See: GbL_LE: Rarebird.
The expander function is the same as the other models with this function, see: What is the expander switch used on many of the models?.

Hope this helps.

Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:42 pm

Thanks guys! Had looked but couldn’t find it.

Cheers