How to determine neck profile on used for-sale ASAT?

Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:53 pm

I'd like to try out an ASAT Special. So I'm looking to get a reasonable deal on a used one. There is one on Reverb that looks interesting to me, but the seller doesn't know the neck profile.

I was wondering if there is any way to determine the neck profile if the seller doesn't know? I can see the serial number via the pictures in the seller's listing. I checked the registry, but that serial number isn't found. I found this post, which describes various neck profiles through the years. But, unfortunately, this particular guitar is a 1996 model, and that post has the footnote, "No [neck profile] data available for 1992-1996". D'oh!

Any other options to get this info?

Thanks!

Re: How to determine neck profile on used for-sale ASAT?

Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:12 pm

RandomPrecision wrote:I'd like to try out an ASAT Special. So I'm looking to get a reasonable deal on a used one. There is one on Reverb that looks interesting to me, but the seller doesn't know the neck profile.

I was wondering if there is any way to determine the neck profile if the seller doesn't know? I can see the serial number via the pictures in the seller's listing. I checked the registry, but that serial number isn't found. I found this post, which describes various neck profiles through the years. But, unfortunately, this particular guitar is a 1996 model, and that post has the footnote, "No [neck profile] data available for 1992-1996". D'oh!

Any other options to get this info?

Thanks!

I would ask the seller to send you the measurement of the nut and the radius of the fretboard.

You might contact G&L's Customer Support and ask Tech Support for the factory log details on this guitar, including the completion date and neck number.

Hope this helps.