For Jerry Cantrell fans-one off Signature Rampage spotted...

Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:40 pm

The backstory:

in April 2018, a member registered a Jerry Cantrell Signature Rampage as having Blueburst finish. I emailed him to get photos of this guitar.
Here are those photos he sent me:

I sent these photos to Spencer Brown at G&L to find out the story on this guitar.
Here was Spencer's reply:
Hi Craig,

This is what I got:

RAMPAGE JERRY CANTRELL SIG. BLACK EB
│EBONY-1/4 SAWN-LTSN-KAHLER**STEVE
│SAME COLOR AS HEART GTR NO GRAPHIC

Completion Date May 2, 2013.

It was originally put in on an order for Jerry. Then it was unallocated and sold to Beat Street Music in Reisterstown MD. Not sure why. This is the blue to match the album cover. We mixed it special for the heart graphic one that Jerry got.

Should have been all black hardware to match the Kahler. Black Schaller non-locking keys. The Superhawk Deluxe in Blackburst and Blueburst had chrome hardware. All other Cantrells had black. Not sure why there are chrome keys and knob on there.

Thanks,

Spencer

So I added the custom color [Black Gives Way to Blue (custom JC color)] to the registry list of finishes and updated the registry entry for this guitar.
Here is the link to the registry entry: CLF61003.

Today, I was browsing the Facebook G&L Fan site [G&L guitar and bass : by Leo Fender and George Fullerton] and see this guitar posted by a new owner on June 7th.
The poster thinks the color is Midnight Blue Metallic and was looking for info: "Is there any way of seeing how many of these have been made in this color?".
So, if any members here are also members on that Facebook page, could you point this post to him?
Also, if any JC fans have photos of his Rampage in this color with the Heart graphics, please add them here.

Thanks.

Re: For Jerry Cantrell fans-one off Signature Rampage spotte

Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:33 am

I provided him with the link in the FB post.

- Jos

Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:39 am

yowhatsshakin wrote:I provided him with the link in the FB post.

- Jos

Thanks Jos! Perhaps the new owner will also update the Registry entry, too.

Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:00 am

Thank you! I am the one who bought it. I will update the registry.

Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:11 pm

Here is a Flickr album of more photos. You can see how it behaves with a strong light.

https://flickr.com/photos/99789120@N04/sets/72157708985747632

Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:00 am

Thanks for more pics! The ones outside truly show off the color, a beauty. :thumbup:

Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:06 pm

sam wrote:Thanks for more pics! The ones outside truly show off the color, a beauty. :thumbup:

Thank you! When I saw it for sale I realized how unique it was but It turned out with another nice little twist to it. I am going to switch the tuners and knob to black. I did contact G&L but there is no build sheet for it.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:36 am

Is that his "at home" amp rig?
Good looking guitar.

y2kc

Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:20 am

y2kc wrote:Is that his "at home" amp rig?
Good looking guitar.

y2kc

hehe.. I think the first photo was when he saw it for sale. the follow up photos in a flickr link seem to be at his home. ;)

Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:54 am

DanDoulogos wrote:
y2kc wrote:Is that his "at home" amp rig?
Good looking guitar.

y2kc

hehe.. I think the first photo was when he saw it for sale. the follow up photos in a flickr link seem to be at his home. ;)

That is someone else's rig. I do have a Friedman JJ though. Believe me when I say this the guitar is in a great home. My wife even likes it and she never does.