Correct volume pot for Comanche???

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:37 am

A while back I got tired of the original/dirty volume pot on my late 90's Comanche. I ordered one from G&L, installed it, and the taper is totally different. It's made in Mexico for what it's worth.

I use my volume knob a lot! I can't really use this as is, so is there any suggestions as to which pot is correct and where to get it?

Thanks.

Re: Correct volume pot for Comanche???

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:57 am

Checkcthe website for the correct value of the pot. I think it is a 250K pot just like a strat. The PTB system uses the wacky value pots like 1meg reverse taper pot for the bass control, etc.

The problem that you are haveng is that the newer pots are made with a carbon infused plastic trace and they just don't sound the same or work the same as an older CTS pot that is made in the USA with a real carbon trace.

You will have to look around a bit to get one but they are out there and they are worth it. A fact that you will appreciate when you hear your guitar with a CTS volume pot.

Re: Correct volume pot for Comanche???

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:02 am

Hmmm...Guess I gotta go aftermarket to get the right one then. Thanks for the info! Guess they don't make 'em like they used to.

My guitar tech suggested taking the original pot apart and rinsing it with contact cleaner. Guess I have nothing to lose!

Thanks,
Johnny