Tension Screw Set

Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:45 pm

The nylon bushing on the screw that holds the tremolo bar has come free and is now lost.

I live in the UK and thought it would be simple to order a new screw.

Upon visiting the G&L online store I found that tension screw sets were being sold for $5.95, however, to my dismay shipping will cost $75 dollars!!! This is ridiculous considering the item could fit quite comfortably into an envelope.

Does anyone have a spare screw, with nylon bushing, I could purchase?

Or alternatively, as I still have the screw is there anything I could use as a substitue for the nylon bushing?

Thanks

Re: Tension Screw Set

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:04 pm

tholt2 wrote:The nylon bushing on the screw that holds the tremolo bar has come free and is now lost.

I live in the UK and thought it would be simple to order a new screw.

Upon visiting the G&L online store I found that tension screw sets were being sold for $5.95, however, to my dismay shipping will cost $75 dollars!!! This is ridiculous considering the item could fit quite comfortably into an envelope.

Does anyone have a spare screw, with nylon bushing, I could purchase?

Or alternatively, as I still have the screw is there anything I could use as a substitue for the nylon bushing?

Thanks

Wow, that shipping charge is certainly wacky. :crazy: I will check with my contacts at G&L and see how this can
be resolved.

Stay tuned.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:23 pm

I encountered the same shipping cost to Australia for the tension screw set. Hopefully there's a way to adjust the shipping for such a small package (I'll definitely be needing them in future.)

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:46 am

My contact at G&L says this:

It might work better for this customer in the UK to contact G&L’s distributor in England to see if the part can be obtained from them.

Here is the contact information

GO TO GUITARS, LTD.
15 Marryat Close, Winwick Park
Warrington WA2 8XS
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)1925 444696
Fax: +44 (0)1925 576205

http://www.gotoguitars.com

Even using the US Postal Service for a medium size envelop will cost about $13 to ship to the UK

Hope this helps.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:32 am

Okay,

Thanks

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:29 pm

You probably could "modify" a similar sized nylon screw by cutting/filing off the threads and cutting to proper length.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:56 am

The nylon part isn't a screw, it's just like a bolt. Thin enough to fit in that hole and thick enough not to fall through on the other side. Maybe one could find alternative material in shops selling parts for building scale model cars or similar.

I ordered my set, along with a tremolo arm at an online shop some years ago, but this shop unfortunately doesn't exist anymore.

edit: The nylon has a diameter of exactly 1/8" and a length of 0.190".

Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:59 am

I've just had to go through the UK distributor for the nylon bushing as well. Its quite annoying that there isn't an cheap and easy way of buying through the G&L online store for international customers.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:41 pm

Did you try this?

International customers:
Please contact us at webstore@bbesound.com or dial 1-714-897-6766 for additional shipping options prior to placing your order.

So, if you could manage them, to send via USPS instead of UPS, the shipping cost should be acceptable.