Bluesboy Deluxe vs. prior models, Fender American Performer

Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:48 am

What are the differences between the prior G&LL ASAT classic Bluesboy and the new Fullerton Deluxe Bluesboy?
Is it just the neck pickup?
Is the G&L humbucker pickup the same as the Seth lover pickup on the older models?
Can anyone compare the new Fender American Performer Telecaster Humbucker to the Bluesboy?
Thanks. Considering them all.

Re: Bluesboy Deluxe vs. prior models, Fender American Perfor

Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:15 pm

Stick wrote:What are the differences between the prior G&LL ASAT classic Bluesboy and the new Fullerton Deluxe Bluesboy?
Is it just the neck pickup?
Is the G&L humbucker pickup the same as the Seth lover pickup on the older models?
Can anyone compare the new Fender American Performer Telecaster Humbucker to the Bluesboy?
Thanks. Considering them all.

See these posts to answer your first three questions:

January 25, 2018-present G&L U.S. Specifications & Options
List of Regular Production ASAT-style guitars (USA)
List of pickups used in G&L guitars

Hope this helps.

Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:19 pm

Thanks Craig. It looks like the new neck HB on the bluesboy is the same as the Seth Lover '55 previously used--is that right?
I am looking at a 2003 Bluesboy with a rosewood fretboard. Can you tell me how that would differ from the present Bluesboys?
Thanks again.
Ken

Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:20 pm

Stick wrote:Thanks Craig. It looks like the new neck HB on the bluesboy is the same as the Seth Lover '55 previously used--is that right?
I am looking at a 2003 Bluesboy with a rosewood fretboard. Can you tell me how that would differ from the present Bluesboys?
Thanks again.
Ken

The stock neck pickup on current (2016-present) is the G&L A2S4248N Alnico II magnet humbucker which is a vintage style bucker 2-conductor lead.
G&L's own version of the Seth Lover humbucker. The pickup has a chrome cover. The optional neck pickup for 2016-present U.S. ASAT Classic Bluesboy models
is the Seymour Duncan Seth Lover instead of G&L A2S4248N Alnico II magnet humbucker.

The stock neck pickup on the 2003 was the SD Seth Lover and there was no optional pickup available at that time.
Another difference between the 2003 and the current models is the neck on the 2003 was a bi-cut neck.
In 2006, neck production changed, See these posts: The G&L non-compression truss rod and About the truss rod.

Hope this helps.