No dates on ASAT Classic

Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:24 pm

Hi guys can you take a look at these pics of stamps and markings on my ASAT Classic?
I’m surprised to not see a year stamped on the neck pocket or neck - there’s a day and month on the neck pocket, the neck heel is marked TGN in pencil, which corresponds with the markings in the pickup cavity.
Can anybody shed any light for me please?

I’m assuming MP-TGN-B is maple neck, Tinted Gun oil and B is either black for the pickguard or pickup bobbins or B for blonde.
Schaller presumably refers to the tuners, what’s the 5 digit code?

Thanks

ImageUntitled by John Alexander, on Flickr

Re: No dates on ASAT Classic

Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:55 pm

johnnyguitar wrote:Hi guys can you take a look at these pics of stamps and markings on my ASAT Classic?
I’m surprised to not see a year stamped on the neck pocket or neck - there’s a day and month on the neck pocket, the neck heel is marked TGN in pencil, which corresponds with the markings in the pickup cavity.
Can anybody shed any light for me please?

I’m assuming MP-TGN-B is maple neck, Tinted Gun oil and B is either black for the pickguard or pickup bobbins or B for blonde.
Schaller presumably refers to the tuners, what’s the 5 digit code?

Thanks

The 6 digit numbers are the dealer order number for this guitar.

Schaller LT stands for Locking Schaller tuners.

The date stamp in the neck pocket without the year is probably due to an error in setting up the hand date stamper.

You might contact customer support and ask them for the completion date. See G&L's Product Support page.

Hope this helps.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:20 pm

Thanks for the info. It definitely doesn’t have locking Schallers. It’s got G&L stamped split post tuners.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:40 pm

johnnyguitar wrote:Thanks for the info. It definitely doesn’t have locking Schallers. It’s got G&L stamped split post tuners.

Are you the original owner? If not, perhaps a previous owner swapped out the tuners ... another question to asked customer support.

Once you get the details, please post them here and do add your guitar to our G&L Registry.